Friday, September 21, 2007

TGIF


I'm so glad it's Friday I could dance. My goal for the day (right after I get done posting this) is to get through about 40 diaries (um-hmmm), make about 46 phone calls (uh...), and answer my boss's 9 e-mails. THEN, I'm going to go home and not think about work for TWO DAYS.

Elizabeth is due next Wednesday. I can hardly wait for little Elli to come into our lives. The entire family came over last Wednesday, and while Matt & Eliz went to the doctor, Yuki, Sofi & I hung out. Whenever they come over, I give them Popsicles. So, Yuki says, "Can we have a Popsicle, Grandma? I want Orange!" I say, sure, and look in the freezer in the EMPTY Popsicle box. I show them it is empty, but say, "I have cookies! I have white cookies and black cookies. Which do you want?" I hear an emphatic, "WHITE COOKIES!" So I pick up the package - the EMPTY package, and say, "OH OH - the package is empty! Someone ate all the white cookies!" I see disappointment on Yuki's face. Before he can utter, "I want some cookies, damn it!" I show him we have LOTS of black cookies (Oreos), and he seems somewhat mollified.

TGIF (again).

No comments: