Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sigh

Sarah's room. AKA: Spider Haven

At the risk of being redundant, guess what I found when I opened my knitting bag? Yup. A spider. What the heck? This one I took outside because I was closer to the door than the bathroom. It took some serious convincing to get the spider to come out. Eventually, it took some serious shaking of the bag.


So, I've just spent the last 1/2 hour on-line trying to get information on how to get rid of spiders in your home. After reading many articles, I have come to the following conclusions:


1. It's not easy to kill spiders with "products".

2. The best way to get rid of spiders is to get rid of other bugs. OTHER BUGS? What????

3. One person suggested getting some of those sticky things to trap mice. I might try that.

But what if I catch a mouse? That would be just as bad.

4. Keeping a clean house is a good way to get rid of spiders. I think this means that the only way to get my house clean is to get rid of Sarah. Her room alone is probably a haven for many, many spiders. They probably just come downstairs to play. See above picture. It should be noted that this is what her room looks like AFTER she cleaned it.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I laughed so hard when I saw this picture. I was just like that when I was Sarah's age!!!

Teresa said...

You should see Josh's room. Mike started to clean it and took out the old lazy boy that was hemorrhaging stuffing. It had a load of spider eggs on it.

Fumigating works really well. It’s the gift that keeps on killing for several weeks. We won’t think about what it does to us. As long as there are no spiders, I’ll happily live in denial.