Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes part II

Yesterday, Elizabeth made some home-made shortcakes. She was cutting up the strawberries when Yuki asked her what she was doing. She explained she was preparing strawberries for the shortcake. Yuki's response? "I want some strawberries, damn it!"

When I was able to stop laughing and breath again, I asked her what she said. "Yuki, what did you say?" "Uh....I don't know."

Elizabeth went on to say that one of her friends went to the zoo with another mom and her children. It was hot (one of those lovely 95 degree days). Her friend's son was getting out of the car and piped up with, "It's hotter than a mo-fo outside today." OH MY GOSH. Personally, I thought it was pretty funny. But it's not my kid.

Whew. Those little ones soak up EVERYTHING they hear and wait until the perfect moment to spit it right back out.

No comments: