Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday!

Yesterday I took the day off from work, so I'm in the middle of a three day weekend! 

I just finished 1/2 a grapefruit.  I ALWAYS forget how wonderful grapefruit tastes.  It's been months since I've had one.  I remember Mom getting grapefruits, oranges and apples from the FFA.  We would store them in our basement under the stairs.  That part of our basement didn't have much light and it was a little bit scary.  Not to mention spider-ish.  None of us kids wanted to go get any of the fruit because of the spider possibility.   Not to mention the worry about someone (thing) sneaking up on you while bending over under the stairs, terrified already that a spider would drop in your hair.   I wouldn't swear to it, but I bet mom felt the same way, which is why she sent one of us to go get some fruit...

Anyway.  Saturday, oatmeal, grapefruit.  Great start.

No comments: