Monday, January 18, 2010

C25K One week down

So, Maizy and I started out on our third C25k excursion today.  I really didn't want to go.  It was a struggle to get up off the couch (pun intended), change clothes and walk out the door.  It started off well.   But a little more than 1/2 way through, we saw a lab.   The lab rushed us and that set Maizy off barking and she was really tense.  About a block past that we see a guy walking a small dog.   BARK BARK BARK, pull pull pull.  End of that same block, Maizy sees a BIG BLACK dog that was running loose.  I didn't see it right away.  Maizy pulled, I fell.  Luckily I didn't let go of the lead.  I pulled her - 100 pounds of her - for an entire block trying to get away from that dog as she braked viciously.   Just as we were at the home stretch, a guy who walks his very calm, very sweet, very large dog came around a corner.  We both stopped.  I walked into a yard.  Just as we were almost past, Maizy whirled and lunged at the dog.  I was HORRIFIED.  As I was dragging her barking butt down the street, he yelled something but I don't know what he said. 

That kind of behavior makes me never want to walk her ever again.  Damn dog. 

No comments: