Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ah the new year.

For some reason, at the first of the New Year, I feel a compulsion to record how much I weigh, and my measurements. I have done this now for 4 years in a row. At this point I might as well stop, because it's the same every year give or take 5 pounds and a quarter of an inch here or there, sometimes to the good, sometimes not.

In the past I've done it with great thoughts of losing weight and getting in shape with many New Years Resolutions to go along with the measurements. This year, I didn't even make any New Years Resolutions, but out of habit, did the obligatory measurements. In one sense, it was a relief that, really, everything is pretty much the same. In another sense, it feels like a monumental waste of life to be so out of shape and knowing that 4 years have sped by with no changes to the better.

Maybe if I DON'T make any resolutions or pretend to try it will all just happen by magic. HA!

No comments: