Monday, November 5, 2007

What the heck?

This guy on my team at work just quit. This is the first time I can ever remember being mad about someone quitting. What a crappy time of year to quit. As I have mentioned before, we have to close more claims than we open during the course of a year, which seems like a paradox, but that's the way it is. Our team will get all his claims. He has 90 claims and there are 5 of us left, which means we will all get around 18 more claims. There is freaking no way I can make my 100% closing now. He should have at least tried to stay until January.

There is a bright side to this story, though. Since he is leaving before December 31, he will lose the discretionary match given to us by the company. It will go to us. Too bad it doesn't all go to our team instead of being spread out around the company. =)

2 comments:

Sam said...

Sorry, Christy, but who can blame him? When I gave two weeks notice to my manager at the "job from hell," (also your ex's former employer), they gave me a huge pile of work and told me I had to have it done before I left.

There was probably 160 hours of work there. AND I was supposed to train my replacement.

Sadly for them, only half of it got done. I had quit. They weren't the boss of me anymore!

Christy said...

Yeah, I understand. Actually, at our company, you can give your two weeks notice, but normally they just have you finish out the day, which means packing your desk and having an exit interview, and you are gone.

I am really not sure why I was so upset about it yesterday. I'm over it today. He didn't like it here. There is no sense spending the majority of your life working at a job you hate.

Thanks for the perspective, Sam. =)