Thursday, November 1, 2007

May I complain?

I know I rarely talk about my family and how annoying they are - I mean, how lovely they are, but I need an ear here.



I'm sitting at work, happily evaluating other people's problems and deciding the fate of their claims. The cell phone rings, but I'm helping another person with their problems, and can't answer. A couple of minutes go by and the cell phone rings again, and I thought to myself, "Oh, crap. What now?" Against my better judgement, I answered the phone.

Guess who? Sarah. "Mom. I think my truck got stolen or towed." So. she left her truck at an apartment complex where there are signs EVERYWHERE advising cars will be towed that don't belong to residents etc etc etc. She left her truck there in a resident parking space. And she's surprised it was towed?

I was all for letting her swing in the wind until she got the money to get it herself, but the tow facility charges $15 per day storage. Joe & I shelled out the $105.00 to get her truck out.

Merry Christmas, Sarah.

4 comments:

Mavis said...

I'm afraid she'd be swingin in the wind if it were me. Just think of the money you would have saved in future repair bills on that thing. You know, even Yuma has bike racks on the city bus.

Teresa said...

Are you sure you don't want to ship her back to Reno???? ;^)

Christy said...

LOL! Yeah, we have bike racks on the city bus, too.

Luckily she got a job and starts tomorrow.

Sam said...

She thinks her truck got stolen or towed. "Hmmm . . . there were a lot of signs saying that if I parked here that my truck would be towed, but I'm leaning toward stolen. Yeah, definitely stolen!"