Monday, October 1, 2007

Today is the day!!

Oh my gosh I'm a nervous wreck. I woke up at 4 am, just wide awake, and couldn't go back to sleep. Finally, at about 5 am, I got up, balanced my checking account, checked to make sure all the 1st of the month bills are paid and then checked out my e-mail.

At 6:00 am , Elizabeth called and said she was in labor. She has been in labor since last night. The contractions are strong enough to wake her up and she's been up since...4:00 am!

So, she tells me she's going to wait for the doc office to open at 8:00 am and call the doctor. **8:00!**. Two hours later. After being in labor all night. I tell her to please pay attention to her body and maybe she should just start driving now. No. She wants to take a shower, get the kids ready and then she'll call the doctor.

So, I go to work to get some stuff done. At 8:15, I haven't heard anything, so I call her. Matt answers. The doctor doesn't get in until 9:00 am, so she's going to wait until then to call and start to B'ton. OMG! I ask where she is now. She's in the SHOWER! (So I can't talk to her and tell her to get her butt in the car and start driving). I tell Matt to tell Eliz to get in the car as soon as she's out of the shower and start driving. They can call the doctor on the way. It takes 45 minutes to get here. The contractions are around 5-8 minutes apart. ARGH!!!

9:15. I call. Matt answers. "Where are you? " " We are getting in the van now." "What did the doctor say?" "He said to come to the office if you think you can make it but if not go to the hospital." (my emphasis there)

I say o.k. Call me when you get south of Martinsville and I'll come meet them at home (or the doctor or the hospital or where ever they need me).

I'm nervous and excited and praying that that baby won't be born in the van on the way to Bloomington...

1 comment:

Mavis said...

Alrighty....now it's evening. Do we have a baby yet?!