Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sarah is coming home part II

Sigh. I buy the ticket to Denver. I call a supervisor and wade through all the explanations to get the rest of the week off. I pack. I transfer money from savings to checking. I try to sleep. 10:30. 11:00. 11:30. Still awake.

11:30ish. I get a text from Sarah. "Andy is coming home now. I am buying his bus ticket. Can he catch a bus from Denver? I don't know how buses work. Sigh. I am frustrated." SHE'S frustrated??????

I call her. Tickets are $149.00 from Denver. Is he coming home for sure? Yes, he is. O.K. let me see if I can cancel my plane ticket and get some money back and you two ride home together. Agreed. I can tell she isn't happy about having to put up with Andy for 2 more days, but I'm not burning 3 days of vacation, spending $400-500 to drive back with her if he's coming back anyway.

Believe it or not, Travelocity said they would refund my entire ticket amount minus the service fee. Sometime in the next 30 BUSINESS days. That's better than nothing, that's for sure.

I really kinda wish I could have gone. It would have been fun.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Well, you should have gone and let Andy ride in the back. ;^)