Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sarah's coming home

Sarah called. She's wondering why she's where she is, why she didn't stay in school, why she took her loser boyfriend on the adventure of a lifetime and she feels like such a loser. She said, "I wish I was home." I said, "Then come home."

I was on my way in to give blood (and save 3 peoples lives) so I told her I'd call her back later. After giving blood, coming home, and taking a nap, I get around to calling her back. She's crying. I ask what's wrong, and she says, she's coming home and andy is mad at her. She's leaving tomorrow. Andy's not coming with her. (!) yippee!!!! Andy's not coming with her!!!!

She's afraid about driving back alone, worried about falling asleep on the road, scared about being alone in rest stops.

I check on-line, and can get a decent ticket to Denver. I ask her if she can get to the denver airport, and if she can I'll fly in and ride back with her. She is very relieved about that.

I called one of the supervisors and asked permission to take off work, and he said o.k. So, I made the reservation and will fly out tomorrow. SHE BETTER NOT BACK OUT or she's in serious trouble.

So I'm excited about seeing her and having the time alone with her on the way back. I'm not excited about the trip back in her pickup with an uncomfortable passenger seat and the constant worry about breakdowns. =)

I'll update when I get back.

No comments: