Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Just another day in paradise

Here's a rundown of my day...

I could NOT get up this morning for the life of me. I hit the snooze 4 times. Then, of course I was late to work.

We had a company breakfast today, but not until 9 am, so I was hungry and a little grumpy by the time I ate.

I decided to go to the Co-op and get some bran and some chicken crumbles (bran for the mealworm farm and chicken crumbles for the birds...) and it made me feel like a farmer. HA! However, the Co-op only sells bran in 50 pound bags, and I don't need that much. So I got the chicken crumbles and headed for the health food store where they sell bulk bran. I bought some bran, some rolled oats and some tabouli. YUM! As I'm leaving there, I get a phone call from Sarah advising she's gonna run out of gas. On the way to work her car died a couple of times, and she put it in neutral at stop lights, but she was pretty sure she wouldn't make it home. So I turned the OTHER way coming out of the store, so I can go give her a couple of bucks for gas.

I'm driving along and a kid pulls out from a stop sign and I broadside him in my car. Holy crap. The kid looks at my bumper and rubs at some of the paint transfer and says he thinks my bumper is o.k. Apparently he can't see the large crack and where the bumper is pushed in. I tell him we need to call the police and he says o.k, and then proceeds to tell me about his bad day. Apparently, he is moving (evidenced by his car full of stuff), but the place he's moving into is still occupied by the people that are supposed to be out. The friends he is staying with are tired of him being there. It's finals week and he has to study. And, he's late for work now, and he can't remember the phone number to call and let them know why he's going to be late. That seemed to make him very nervous. I sympathize with him. Suddenly, his car dies. He hangs his head and says "Oh, no. I'm out of gas." How ironic is that? Luckily the kid has insurance and my bumper will be replaced and life will go on.

I drove to Starbucks, gave Sarah 10 bucks, told her I get a new bumper, and her boss gave me a free drink. WOO-HOO! Things are looking up!

I got home and spent a little over an hour messing with my worm farm and cleaning the bird cages, while waiting for the kick-butt meatloaf I'm making in the oven to bake. I ate said meatloaf along with some tabouli and a pita bread I fried up.

Now, I'm heading off to read and go to bed.

Just another day in the life of your typical insurance adjuster. Hee hee.

No comments: