Friday, August 18, 2006

Busy week...

Wow, what a busy week I've had! I was on call last week and it was supposed to end on Wed am...I almost made it without getting called out. Tuesday evening, however, I got the dreaded,
"You are going to Ohio" call. =) So off I went, and just when I thought I was safe and was going to be able to come back home from Toledo, there was another accident in Bellevue OH nearer to Cleveland. I had already checked into a hotel in Toledo and everything when I got that call. I checked right back out and headed to Bellevue. Both accidents were horrible. I got home last night about 6, and had to go to Wild Care immediately because they were short handed. Joe and I had a date planned for Thursday night, so I went home and showered and Joe came over. Then today, I had to drive the rental car back up to Indy's airport, and Sarah had to follow me there to bring me back. It was nice being out of the office, but my work load is really really high now. So, I expect I'll be spending some time in the office over the weekend.

Tomorrow I'm baby-sitting for Yuki & Sofi. Elizabeth got a rabbit at the state fair last week and I'm allergic to rabbits, so I'm a little worried about how that will play out. I told her she'd have to put the rabbit in the garage while I'm there.

Sarah starts classes Monday. I think she's a little apprehensive about it. I'm not sure she's up for it. She doesn't seem to be at all excited. Man. I LOVED the beginning of every semester...new notebooks, new pencils & pens, new books, new classes...new promises that this semester I'd actually study and stay caught up and read everything and do the assignments on time... ha!

Let's see...Joe and I are (really) dating again. It's a long and sordid tale of jealousy and fear. Just kidding. He is friends with a woman he lives next to and while he told her he just wanted to be friends with her it appears she has deeper feelings for him. I sensed Joe pulling away from me and last Sunday at church and afterwards, I just felt so sad and cried and cried after church because I don't want to lose him...but at that point, I didn't want to ruin any relationship he may have with her because I've been so obtuse. So I asked him how his relationship was going with her and he said she is very nice but he has no desire to be anything other than friends with her and he has told her that, and that he loves me and hopes that someday we can work things out. So, I told him how I don't want to not have him in my life and that I didn't realize how much I cared until I thought I might lose him... So, we are going to see where it takes us. He is such a nice man. I was very honest with him and told him I do not want to marry him (or anyone else for that matter) because his son is such a handful and I just don't think I can handle being in the same house with Josh. And, I don't see Josh moving out and being on his own for a long time. So, we will see. It's sort of funny because I feel like I'm in high school again and all giddy. It's silly, but it's fun at the same time. Please pray with me that I'm not just being selfish. I honestly don't think I am, but you know how the heart can be...and I certainly don't want anyone to be hurt (especially me...ha!). Joe has come a long long way, and works very hard at everything he does.

Anyway, nothing much else going on here. Just a little tired from the traveling, but feel "awake" and it may be a while before I can fall asleep...

No comments: