Monday, August 27, 2007

Christy vs Giant Spider

This morning I picked up the shoes I wanted to wear...and noted there was a spider web across one of the shoes. Normally I don't pay attention to my shoes. Normally I just put them on and continue merrily on my way. However, the web made me pause a moment. Should I put them on, or is there a spider in there? So, I brushed away the web, and tried to peer into my shoe. I couldn't see anything. So I took my shoes into the bathroom where there is more light, and tried to look into the depths of my shoe. I still could see nothing, but I couldn't see all the way to the toe either. So. I set my shoes down on the bathroom counter and...reached in to see if there was a spider in my shoe. There WAS!! I'm not sure who was more afraid. I yanked my hand out of my shoe. The spider quickly followed, and jumped into my OTHER shoe! Holy cow! So I held that shoe over the toilet and shook it violently until the offending spider fell out. It was HUGE. I flushed it. I felt sort of guilty flushing it because it was trying desperately NOT to be flushed. But the guilt didn't last long.

Time for "spider-be-gone" spray.

In case you are wondering, I didn't wear those shoes today.

No comments: