Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hump Day

It's hump day, which is so nice. Down-hill slide to the weekend. That alone makes me feel kinda bad, because that means I'm wishing my life away, waiting with bated breath for the weekend (i.e. no work for 2 days) to show up. I wonder if this means I need to search inside for some honest answers about if I like my job. I have a sneaking suspicion I don't anymore. The problem is, I've been there for so long that I get 3 weeks of vacation, and just a couple more years and I'll get 4! I can't get there starting out anywhere else, and I live in a town small enough and far enough away from a large town that this is the only game that will pay me what I'm getting paid. Which ain't bad. I make pretty good money. So, heck. What's the deal with being bored and not wanting to go to work? It's not like the job isn't challenging or anything like that. Perhaps it's a mid-life crisis. Ha.

Meanwhile, Friday is sliding into the home stretch...

2 comments:

Matt said...

I dunno. Seems to me that everybody looks forward to the weekend... whenever that weekend happens to fall. Mine is on Tuesday, but I'm ALL about TGIM! It's also quite a nasty time of year weather-wise to have to get out in the heat and humidity and work. Play? Sure. But work? You've got to be kidding. Sorry, love. I'm afraid you're normal... or whatever passes for normal anymore. Maybe you should plan on spending at least some of that vacation time you've got built up to get away from Ellettsville and join some friends on the river in Lansing. I hear they have awesome yarn to play with, too. ;-)

Much love!

Christy said...

Matt, you are such a doll. I miss you!