Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Yuki Speaks Out

Elizabeth, Matt, Yuki, Sofi and I all go to Eliz's home. The baby will NOT nurse. Elizabeth will NOT be consoled. The baby cries, Elizabeth cries. Day one at home, we are up all night with a crying baby. She just refuses to "latch on". What kind of term is "latch on"? Sounds like something to do with a cabinet if you ask me. Day 2 at home. Same song, different verse. Hysterical baby, hysterical momma. By this time, Yuki has HAD it. He walks up to Elizabeth, who is trying to pump milk so we can give it to Sofi with a syringe. He pats her right on the breast, and then points at Sofi who is crying and says, "Baby? blah blah blah." Then he did it again. I start cracking up. I tell Elizabeth that what he was really saying was "Baby? She is crying. Can you please hurry that up and give her something so she'll shut up?"

Later that night, Yuki is playing out in his little wading pool and I can see him through the window. He has several pool toys, including what looks like an oil funnel, which looks like the end of Elizabeth's pump. I look up just in time to see him stand up with that funnel and place it on his chest. Can't you just hear him saying, "Man. If mom can't get her to shut up, maybe I can. How does this thing work???"

No comments: