Friday, August 19, 2005

Day Two Without Sarah

Day 2 with no Sarah.

I took Sarah to college (Ball State University) Wednesday. Not much drama. Wasn't too bad. No weeping and gnashing of teeth. Until...Thursday. When I received a heart wrenching e-mail from Sarah...she hates it there, she can't sleep, she doesn't like her room, she wants to come home, she loves me, she misses me... Oh yeah. And, "I want my car!!!"

Today was better. She sounded o.k. when I talked to her. She's made a couple of friends. She'll be fine. Really. Fine. =)

Meanwhile, Butch is wondering where she is. I can hear him thinking now..."The tall human is gone. I didn't like her much and she never did pet me, but...man. I think mom really liked her. Am I next???" Poor guy. He'll be fine. Really. Fine. =)

I haven't had to cook even once since Sarah left. But tomorrow I will have to, because all the left-overs are gone. Unless I want to eat shredded wheat for many many meals. I'll be fine. Really. Fine. =)

And life goes on...

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I can send a kid out to you (temporarily, of course!) to help you get over the empty nest syndrome. Or better get, I could send both out for a week. I guarantee you’ll be cured!

And I could send Scruffy with them to keep Butch company. You can even keep the dog. That would be fine. Really. Fine. ;^)