Friday, September 17, 2004

Pantry Status

Well, it's been almost a week now in the Quest to Not go to the Grocery Store. I went to the grocery store for milk and lettuce, and a can of fruit cocktail for my skunk. I did buy some round steak so I could can some beef, but only because it was a low price.

It hasn't been a huge challenge this week because my friend Debbie gave me some cabbage rolls and mashed potatoes that her mom made, and that was a meal, and I had left over Dirty Rice one day, and left over curry one day. And last night we had a company dinner. Two nights we had cheddar brats & mac & cheese. Sarah at a couple of the pizzas. Successful week one!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Ha! Sam, that works unless you are like some people I know (and will not reveal because my mama didn't raise no dummy ;^) ) and keep food around for YEARS!!! We're talking years past the sell by date. And no, not just Twinkies! Purge, Christy, purge!

Teresa said...

OOPS That should read "people I know...WHO keep food around for years"!