Saturday, July 24, 2004

Wedding showers and other matters

Last night I went to my 1st ever personal wedding shower.  Wow.  Penis paraphenlia everywhere.  I was told we were supposed to bring sexy nightware or "toys".  Since I have no desire to enter an adult bookstore, I chose the sexy nightware.  Even that wasn't too out of control. 

She had a penis cake (yuck!), penis straws (super yuck!)  and a lot of naughty windup toys.  If I ever get married again, this will not be happening to me.  Thankfully, the stripper was a friend, dressed up as "One eyed Jack, the cowboy".  The only thing he stripped was his scarf and eye patch!  He did have a "penis gun" full of lotion - I won't even go there with how gross that was.

I guess them means I'm just a big prude.  Is that so wrong?  =)

On other, less threatening fronts, I ordered a new knife yesterday... (hee hee).  Seriously, I ordered a Wustoff Grand Prix Santuko.  I can't wait until I get it.  It was BackOrdered (grrr) so it probably won't be here until next week.  I also ordered some beef paste...I'm going to try that on some mushrooms...

Well, time to roll.  I need to make an appearance at the Farmer's Market this morning.

No comments: