Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Butch, hair, sleep

Butch is getting so old. We went for a walk today - maybe 2 miles. I thought I was going to have to carry him the last block. Poor guy. Long walks are a thing of the past for Butch I think.

I got my hair cut today. The old color is almost gone. We are getting very close to no artificial color hang-over. Which means we are mostly gray now. It's a lot of work going gray. I keep wanting to DO something about it. But if I do, I'll just have to start all over again some day.

I'm signed up to do a sleep study on June 9. Joe tells me I need to get checked for sleep apnea. When I was in Louisiana with Suzanne, who says she can sleep through anything, she told me I need to get tested for sleep apnea. Apparently, I snore like a freight train and wake myself up trying to breath. I'm not really sure what to DO about it if I have it. Can I sleep hooked up to some machine? Will I need surgery? My dad says that surgery is horribly painful. A guy I work with got it and was pretty much knocked on his butt for a month.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Try the machine if your insurance will cover it. It doesn't bother me at all. One trick is to start with cold water in the humidifier when you go to sleep so you won't have to breath warm air.

Mavis said...

Don't go by your dad's opinion. It's like having your tonsils out. He had a sore throat for a little over a week and whined non stop. I think it was the first surgery he ever had. He used to tell me he'd feel for me when I had a migraine, but he'd NEVER had a headache. Bottom line, it cured his apnea and his snoring. What a blessing!!!!!!!!

Teresa said...

LOL!!! Didn't you give him all the jello and ice cream he could eat, Mavis?

He's never had a headache?? I wish I'd inherited that.