Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Christy goes Green, but sees Red

In an effort to help the environment and be more "green" I decided to buy an electric mower. When I got home with it, Joe just laughed at me and said it would be a pain not running over the cord. I thought, "Seriously, how bad can it be?"

I found out yesterday just how horrible it is. I got a 100 ft cord. I plugged it in, started up the mower (so quiet! so easy to start!). I hadn't even been mowing 30 seconds before I realized what a horrible mistake I had made. I bet it took me 2 times longer to mow with that mower than it would have with a gas mower. I kept having to stop and throw the cord out of the way. I finished mowing, wiped the mower off, and put it back in the box. Before I bought the thing, I asked if I could bring it back if I didn't like it and they said I could. I saw an electric cordless mower while I was shopping for mowers but they are twice as much as the regular electric mower. So, today, Joe and I will return the electric mower and get a regular gas powered, smog inducing, noise making mower.

To quote Kermit the Frog, "It's not easy being green."

2 comments:

Mavis said...

We had an electric mower once. We hated it! It took too long, and someone managed to mow over the cord.

lizE said...

i love kermit

way to try, though, way to try.