Monday, June 21, 2004

In the beginning

It's all about me. It really is. I just need to convince everyone else of the truth of this statement. =)

O.K. It's NOT all about me. I just wish it was sometimes. Don't you?

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I'm going to Chicago with a friend. We are going to a Spa - facials and pedicures - and out to dinner with a great guy who happens to be a gourmet cook with a kick-it wine collection. That's Thursday (yea! a 1/2 day off work!). Then Friday, we are gonna walk around downtown Chicago in the morning, and in the afternoon we are taking in a White Sox game (yea! an ENTIRE day off work!). Then Friday night we are meeting a couple of guys and going to Greek Town for dinner. Does that sound fun or what? (MUST REMEMBER SUNSCREEN AND HAT).

Then next week, yet ANOTHER day off work Friday which is the beginning of my vacation! I'm going to my sister's house. My brothers Sam and Don with be there, along with Don's family. My sister's kids are about the same age as theirs. My Dad and step mom will be there, too. Family reunion of sorts. I'm taking my youngest with me (Princess Sarah). She's going to be a Senior this coming school year, and this may be the last opportunity we have to spend time together with her as a family. It's a beautiful thing to have time off. Not that I don't appreciate my job. It's a good job. It pays well. Nice perks. It's just time for vacation.

No comments: